I'd have to go with Clinton for the following reasons;
- She remained calm no matter what was thrown at her or how many times Trump interrupted her.
- She stayed on point with her answers. All her answers were direct answers to the questions asked. The woman can focus on issues in spite of the chatter to her right.
- She could explain her plans. There were no "secret" vague plans.
- She showed respect for the moderator and even for Trump. She did not interrupt or try to shout over Trump or Holt.
- She wasn't afraid of the fact checkers. In fact, she invited them in.
Where Trump failed;
- What was with the funny faces? Did he not know there was a split screen and he looked like a fourth grade bully mocking his school mates? (apologies to any fourth graders out there)
- Could not give direct answers. Donny seemed to talk around the question and always turned it back into an attack. Does he not know his own stance on the issues?
- The shout outs and interrupts. A display of uncontrolled emotions and defensiveness. I found myself wishing they would shut off his mic so others could finish a sentence without his nasty yips.
- Seemed to get more agitated as the night wore on. If Clinton and Holt could cause enough pressure for him to lose control, how would this man fare if faced with life and death negotiations? How could he face off with the leaders of other nations without losing control?
- Fear of facts. Before the debate he refused to allow fact checking during the debate. What was he afraid of? An honest politician should not be afraid of the fact checkers.
Debate one goes to Hillary Clinton.
Perhaps Donald could take a lesson now and actually prepare for the next debate and stop bragging that he doesn't need to prepare. Evidently he needed something.